Monday, July 10, 2006

Big Rapids

Last night we ventured north to Big Rapids, which is neither big nor rapid. We had been in two minds as to whether to go becuase of the possibility of thunderstorms and that we knew that we would be running late as the French and the Italians took the World Cup Final all the way to penalties.

Fortunately we had largely solved the electrical gremlins that had been plaguing the Buick - it was a short in the battery extension cables and we also tweaked a couple of other things too.

I managed second in the heat race which qualified me for the feature even though I lost a front tire. In the feature I again lost a front tire, blew a radiator hose and the car lost a big percentage of its power so I retired before killing the motor so that it can live to fight another day.

We did end up getting rained on however as we tried to get wheels changed so that I could drive it onto the trailer.

Now I need some more wheels for it - anyone got any wheels (with tires on them) lying around iin their garage they dont want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home