Thursday, July 06, 2006

Long weekend

It was a very automotive 4th of July weekend and not the most successful one either. It all started on Saturday with a trip to Sand Lake for a figure 8 race and Demolition Derby.

I took the Cavalier that I had previously run. I knew it was already in trouble - I could hardly keep anything in the cooling system. Still it ran. The race itself was a rough one and a certain 127 slammed me so hard in the drivers side that I ended up dislocating my ribs. I didn't even know that you could dislocate ribs. It was however sweet to see the same 127 connect with a concrete block resulting in an engine fire.

The Cavalier finished the race just on what felt like one cylinder but it was essentially toast. Motor in trouble, back axle broken, sides so pushed in that it looks like it has a waist and no cooling.

Here is the passenger side

And the somewhat shorter back end


Knowing that Greenville was only 4 days later we set to work preparing the 1989 Buick LeSabre. We thought we had it ready just in time but the electrical gremlins struck and the car kept shorting out so I didnt have a productive race even though we had slaved to get it ready. Time to start chasing wires.

Still it looks good in Pimp My Ride gold.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Ouch. Hope your ribs have been relocated and that you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home