Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ionia results

The first real demo scramble of the season took place on Saturday out at Ionia fairground with over 60 cars in attendance. Some of my usual track buddies were strangely absent - one I think was showing rabbits or doing something involving rabbits - do we even want to know more?

I was drawn into the fourth heat and while they are certainly less than they used to be the butterflies were still there as I was waiting on the starting grid. I managed to avoid the mayhem of the first corner fairly well and drove the little 4 cylinder Cavalier to second behind someone driving a relatively late model Monte Carlo. Which meant a trip to the B Feature.

All the winners from races go straight to the A Feature. The second place drivers into the B Feature where they get a chance to race again for an entry into the A and the third place drivers go into the C where they too get a chance to race for entry into the A.

My B feature performance was less successful and definitely more bruising. I got spun out numerous times and even ended up doing half a lap in reverse eventually coming home 4th.

Still it was fun and the Cavalier drove onto the trailer with no major issues beyond rearanged body panels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home