Friday, May 12, 2006

Too long

It has been so long since I posted here. Like so many things we start out with good intentions and then get distracted by other pursuits - in my case actually trying to get some money rolling so with the pathetic apology in place its time to get rolling again. Especially as the sesaon is almost upon me for proper this time.

So time to recap. I did race the winter race at Ionia back in February. The little purple Cavalier had its one and only outing. Expecting sub zero conditions I decided to leave the windshield in unlike normal and this proved to be part of my undoing. I knew that the Cavalier had a weak head gasket but didnt quite realize how bad things were until I got going. I, like the other racers had been expecting a hard fast track because the earth would have been frozen but the reality proved to be thick wet cloying clay that you could get up no speed in whatsoever. Pushing the car hard through the mud I did get off to a good start - leading for the first couple of laps but then problems arose. The head blew and the entire car interior was filled withe white smoke. I could hardly see where I was going but I was still going which was something. Then my windshield got covered in clay to add to the smoke problem and now I was driving the straights counting the concrete blocks so I knew where the corners were because I couldn't see a thing. Somehow I managed to finish in third - not good enough to qualify for the feature.

I got the car back to the trailer and it decided that at that point that it was never going to run again.

So after one race the purple Cavalier has gone to the junkyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home